Monday March 14, 2022
While we're all comfortably used to the concept of spring cleaning, most of us view the chore as something that takes place only indoors. It's time to take it outside. After all, there are several good reasons to extend spring cleaning with the help of your local Melbourne exterior cleaning company. As Florida’s premier home exterior cleaning and paver sealing company, we have been to countless homes to help them accomplish their spring cleaning goals. And whether you are ready to give professional cleaners like Beacon (it’s the best way, and we are not saying it because we are pros, we are really basing it on the results) or you want to do it yourself, we have prepared a guide on how to spring clean your Melbourne home exteriors!
- Work on one area at a time. For example, clean and inspect your deck one day, then worry about your lawn the next.
- Inspect while you are cleaning. For example, when cleaning out the gutters, you can take a look at your roof, along with your eavestroughs and downspouts. Roof cleaning is important and you need professionals like Beacon Experts to do it for you! Read here why.
- Get help! Contact a trusted Melbourne exterior cleaning company to help you with thoroughly cleaning parts of your home exteriors you are not confident touching and lawn professionals who can make your yard look 100 times better, quickly.
Refresh Your Home Exteriors
- Windows: Washing windows and screens will give you a sparkling view of spring. Window cleaning may be the quintessential spring upkeep task. The trouble is that if you're washing only the interior side of the glass, you're leaving the project half done. You can also rely on Beacon, the go-to Melbourne exterior cleaning company.
- Siding: Rely on a Melbourne exterior cleaning team such as Beacon to wash the siding of your home to remove grime. If you are doing it yourself, make sure to start at the highest points of your home to avoid washing dirt down onto clean areas.
- Doors: Scrub down your doors on the outside to give them a shine and remove any grime.
- Gutters: Rechecking and clearing gutters in the spring will ensure that no debris has become clogged in them during winter. Or call on us here at Beacon and we will do the best gutter cleaning you can find in Melbourne.
- Garage: Cleaning out the garage will give you more space for summer equipment such as outdoor gym, games, and gardening equipment.
Clean Your Deck
- Before hosting your first barbecue of the season, give the deck a thorough cleaning.
- To make things more efficient, call on us here at Beacon for that top-notch signature Melbourne home exterior and deck clean. But here are tips too if you are doing it your way. If you have a wooden deck flooring, inspect the wood for signs of rot or decay and make repairs as necessary. Sweep first, then scrub the wood with oxalic acid to kill microbes, and restain the deck if necessary. For a concrete patio, check for chips or cracks that need repair, and scrub away any stains. Yeah, that’s a lot and you would be better off relying on professionals who can do it efficiently and affordably for you
- Scrub your furniture clean, or contact an upholstery cleaning team to do it for you. If it has been stored instead, now is the time to brush it off and return it to the patio or deck.
- Grill: If you have a grill, check its connections and operations, following all safety guidelines. Clean the grills and handles, lubricate the lid, and prepare for great barbecues.
- Gently wipe down flower pots, furniture, and decorations with a damp cloth.
- Sweep dirt and debris off the porch; concrete can be scrubbed with a long-handled brush or cleaned with a power washer if you have one. Beacon also offers a fantastic patio cleaning service using the best equipment and safest cleaning agents.
- You can scrub the walls surrounding the porch if you are willing to do it yourself. But for better and faster results, call on us here at Beacon for that professional Melbourne exterior cleaning service.
- Use a long-handled duster or a handheld vacuum to remove any dirt like cobwebs that might have gathered in the high corners of the porch area; be sure to run the duster gently over the porch light, too.
- Lighting: If your patio area includes exterior lighting, check that bulbs are secure and screwed in and that everything is working properly. You can also replace exterior light bulbs— choose LED bulbs to save money on your power bill. Remove any rodent, bird, or insect nests and dirt, and clean the fixtures so they will shine as brightly as possible.
- BONUS: Pool deck! Here comes the fun! Yes, Beacon also does the best job when it comes to pool deck cleaning, and since this area deals with constant moisture and bare feet, it’s best to trust the professionals to do a thorough cleaning for you.
Take Care of the Pavers and the Lawn
Even a beautiful home will look sad if the lawn is not maintained.
- Litter: The first task is to pick up any litter and dispose of it properly. Remember to check underneath trees, shrubs, and bushes as well.
- Pavers: Are there any loose pavers? Are they grimey and mold? Are weeds peeking out? It’s time for some paver cleaning and sealing done by paver experts. There is no other company where you can get the best paver restoration service than with us here at Beacon!
- Sprinklers: If your yard has a sprinkler system, check the condition of the visible pipes and valves, and test the system to ensure it is working well.
- Aeration: Over time, your lawn can become compacted, making it difficult for water and air to reach the roots of your grass for the lushest, greenest growth. Consider an aeration service to help loosen your lawn and encourage thicker, sturdier grass.
- Fertilizing: A spring fertilization treatment can give your grass a boost of nutrients for strong spring and summer growth. You can apply fertilizer yourself or contact a local lawn care company for a quote.
Other Exterior Cleaning Reminders
- Clean and repair the fence and gate
- Clean the doghouse or pen
- Check that the mailbox is secure
- Clean out birdhouses and bird feeders
- Report any roadway problems, such as potholes