Why Mold and Mildew Damage Matters
Thursday January 16, 2020
So, what is mold damage and mildew damage and why should you care about it? Mold is a fungus that mostly thrives in damp spaces and can spread when left untreated. This can cause property damage to your roof and actually shortens its lifespan. Different symptoms can occur after overexposure to mildew damage and mold damage, which can lead to certain health problems. If not properly dealt with, mold can spread and cause risk to you and the ones you love.
Many people are unaware of what mold damage and mildew damage even are, and that can be scary. With proper exterior cleaning by your local Rockledge exterior cleaning team, you can avoid these types of damages when treated regularly and with care.
How Does it Happen?
Since your outdoor spaces, such as your pool decks or roofs, are exposed to all of the elements, they are bound to form some type of mold. Water, dirt, and dust are mold and mildew’s best friend, which leaves your outdoor spaces vulnerable. The moisture can create mold spores which can spread when in the proper environment. These spores can then be spread throughout the air by air currents.
Should I Worry About Mold and Mildew Damage?
In most cases, there shouldn’t be too much to worry about. Mold is extremely common, because moisture is everywhere! You should be concerned when the mold has spread and begins to cause symptoms. It is important to reduce your exposure to mold damage and mildew damage and to prevent the spread of it with proper exterior maintenance procedures by a Rockledge exterior cleaning team.
As a homeowner, it is a huge pain point to invest your time and money into a property for it to just suffer from mold damage. With regular cleanings, such as soft washing, these types of damages can be avoided. If the damage gets out of hand, thousands of dollars would have to be used to replace the roof. Instead of spending thousands of dollars replacing a roof you don’t have to, schedule regular cleanings with the help of a local Rockledge exterior cleaning to avoid this problem.
When the instance of overexposure to mold and mildew damage occurs, different symptoms may arise depending on the severity of the damage itself. Being around mold spores and mold damage can cause you to breathe in these spores or accidentally touch them. If you breathe or touch spores, you could experience an allergic reaction or symptoms like rashes, red and itchy eyes, sneezing, runny noses, or even asthma attacks in serious cases.
While mold and mildew are normal, our Rockledge exterior maintenance techniques such as soft washing and regular exterior cleaning can not only prevent the spread of mold and mildew damage, but also prevent you or your loved ones from different health risks associated with the pesky spores.
At Beacon Cleaning, we have Rockledge exterior cleaning experts that offer a 3-year Spot Free Warranty to ensure a longer lifespan of your roof and property.
Trust us to do quality work the first time. Contact us for a no-obligation quote today!